How Do I Safely Clean My Furniture and Carpet After a Water Spill in Smithtown?
SERVPRO Professionals Clean Textiles and Upholstery Effectively
After a water leak, you may find your furniture, rugs, and carpet with damage. Our restoration specialists use specialized techniques and cleaning agents to effectively sanitize your carpet while also restoring them to the preloss condition.
My Carpets were Dirty Before the Spill, Can SERVPRO Still Clean Them?
Yes, SERVPRO Professionals Clean Carpet Using Four Elements of Soil Suspension
Dealing with water cleanup in your Smithtown home requires adequate drying while also appropriately tackling dirt and grime. A clean water leak (Category 1) does not carry soil, however existing dirt and grime loosen and require additional cleaning of surfaces. Technicians dry affected textiles, while also using the appropriate cleaning agents and techniques to clean them. Drying the impacted area is essential in mitigating secondary damage.
What are the Four Elements of Soil Suspension for Cleaning?
- Time: The amount of dwell time for a cleaning product's effectiveness
- Agitation: Movement that brings dirt to the surface for easy removal
- Chemical Action: Proper use of cleaning detergents with the appropriate pH levels
- Temperature: Using the correct temperature of a cleaning product, usually heating the cleaning solution makes it work faster. However, heat can negatively affect enzyme cleaners, such as SERVPRO's Urine Odor and Stain Remover.
Are There After-Cleaning Treatments to Extend the Life of My Carpet?
- Soil Repellent: Fluorochemicals work on carpet to repel oil and water-based soils, making them easier to vacuum them away.
- Soil Release Agents: Makes fabric more absorbent, allowing detergent to get into the fabric and work to release the dirt. Scotch Gard works in this way.
- Stain-Resistant Treatments: Products coming from sulfonated aromatic aldehyde that work to repel dye molecules.
For help with any restoration, contact SERVPRO of Greater Smithtown 24/7 at (631) 265-9200.
Click here for more information about Smithtown.